Sometimes I'm not too sure about myself...
I've had a rough couple of days and not for any particular reason. It's just been "one of those weeks," I suppose. Here's what I did on Monday:
I experienced what I thought was a normal day of class, though I was dragging much more than usual. Already having a caffeine crash at 9 AM usually isn't a good sign. By 5 PM, minutes after I confessed to some of my classmates I had 'Row, row, row your boat' stuck in my head for the entire three-hour lab period we'd just finished, I also realized I no longer had my coat.
Where the heck did I leave my coat!? Ugh. I left it in one of my classes, but as to which one- now THAT would be a valuable nugget of information to have, wouldn't it?
Then I looked down at my socks. They were completely mismatched. I'm talking not even close. One was entirely white and the other was gray, white, and blue.
The only thing I could do is start cracking up at myself. I turned to my friend.
"Honestly, who over the age of six loses a coat and has no idea where it is? And look at my socks!"
He cracked up. "And who over the age of 6 has 'Happy Birthday' and 'Row, row, row your boat' stuck in her head for hours on end?" he reminded me.
We both laughed at my pathetic state.
"You're lucky you're a lot smarter than I am," he added, "because I otherwise I'd be giving you so much grief right now."
"You sure about me being smarter than you?"
The end. Right now I have to go find my coat.
No comments:
Post a Comment