I graduated from college last weekend. Thank you, thank you. I survived, maybe even thrived. At one point during graduation weekend it got really warm outside and I had to dig out some summer clothes. No problem.
Then I had to fit into said clothes. Slightly larger problem.
My mom complimented me on the outfit I chose (i.e. the one I could get on) which was very nice of her and I graciously accepted her kind words. I did mention that it was a LITTLE tight*. Oh, it must be from the dryer, she thought. Nope. As much as I've grown intellectually, emotionally, socially (I can say that, right?) over the past 4 years, I think I've also grown equally squishy. I no longer need the extra padding for gravity-induced mishaps for which I've been prone Thursdays through Saturdays, because I'm now a calm, sophisticated grad student. Bottom line: the senior 15 gotsta go.
*I have a tendency to under-exaggerate negative things as much as I exaggerate positive things.
No comments:
Post a Comment