Thursday, June 24, 2010

I think I owe you an explanation

Anywho. Let's get on with it. Why the heck am I starting to invest my time in such a self-centered activity? Honestly, this is my attempt at bettering myself. I am what I call a chronic resignator (hence the name of my blog since 'resignator' unfortunately is not a word). I start and QUIT a lot of things. But 'quit' is such a harsh word so I prefer to say I resign. I'm not entirely sure why I do this, but I've become very aware of this habit- or what I see as a character flaw- of mine since high school and it drives me nuts! I absolutely hate that I do it, but I can't seem to stop. I've done a lot of self-reflection recently since free time is a fortunate luxury of mine, and I've been able to deduce that the only times I truly follow through on things to the very end is when I feel an obligation to someone or something other than myself. This explains any successes I've had in my life thus far as well.

Recently, I've tried setting some goals and challenges for myself and thought keeping a journal would hold me accountable. Guess how long that whole journal idea stuck...which is why I'm choosing to blog. Whether or not another soul on this entire planet ever reads this, I will feel obligated to stick to whatever I'm attempting to achieve nonetheless, and that's my goal this summer. I want to have specific goals or challenges for myself each week and I'm hoping that feeling as though other people are watching whether I stick to it or not will help me to stick to it! I know this mission appears incredibly selfish, but I'm being honest when I say I'm taking this opportunity to make myself the best I can be so I can be a better person for everyone else around me.

Trust me. I have big dreams and I plan on making an impact on this world for the better, but I don't feel like I'm the person capable of doing that right now. I have a lot of growing to do and this is your opportunity to go on this journey with me. Also, feel free to toss any of your own ideas regarding challenges I can take up. Again, that would be contingent on having a reader. It doesn't matter either way, because having such a huge potential audience makes me feel accountable. Well, that's it for now. I do apologize for the rambling that's likely to occur throughout these first few posts as I wrap my head around my plan of attack for maintaining this blog, completing my challenges, and becoming a better person for the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment