Thursday, June 24, 2010

Initial Disclaimers

While I foresee this as being nothing other than a little game I play to trick myself into not quitting the goals I set out for myself, I am very cognizant of the fact that blogs have the potential to become very widespread beyond the few family and friends I actually intend to inform of its existence, and well, people reading who don't know me can lead to...haters. The following is for any potential haters.

1) I love people, so please don't judge or criticize what I say. I'm not making you read this and you can stop at any time. Quite frankly, I'm doing any potential haters a favor with that warning because they would be only wasting their time. Only a very special group of people in my life hold a status with me for which I care about their opinions.

2) I'm a scientist, not an english major. I know I'm not a fantastic writer, but I will do my best to keep out as many grammatical errors as I can, or as many as I feel like depending on my mood. Also know that I will most likely only be posting late at night when I'm slightly delusional anyway. There are a few other blogs that crack me up and for that reason I follow them, and I always want to punch my computer when some reader feels it necessary to point out some minuscule punctuation or spelling error as if it completely ruins the integrity of the post. So here's my apology to you, off-duty grammar police, for any past, present, or future mistakes I make.

3)I'm very sarcastic, random, and this is my warning that I may or may not post random things that happen to me, as unrelated as they may be to the real purpose of this blog.

4)This is me being me. I know that not everyone likes me, and that's ok. Heck, there are people out there that annoy me too. So I repeat: it is completely fine with me if you don't like me, but keep it to yourself. Like I said, I might not care about your negative opinion, but I do have some warm fuzzies inside and my feelings are capable of being hurt.

I think that's about it for my long-winded, three part introduction of what I'm hoping to do with this blog. I'll get more detailed with my first challenge in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment